Last revised: August 31, 2023
We maintain this Site and provide services through it for your information and communication purposes, as well as for purposes associated with matching you with a dealer who can provide you financing for a vehicle (the “Service” or “Services”). Our Site and Services are intended for use only by United States residents, while located in the United States. If you are not a United States resident, or are located in a country other than the United States, you may not use our Site and Services.
· Information we collect when you visit or use this Site;
· Information we collect when you submit and exchange electronic messages with us through the Site;
Additional privacy rights and notices will apply if you are a resident of California or other specific states. See the section below called State Privacy Rights for more information about your rights under California law and other specific states.
Age of Site Users and Visitors
By using this Site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state of residence (or in the District of Columbia, if you reside there). Our Site and Services are not intended for use by children, especially those under age 18. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to use the Site and its Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we obtain knowledge that we have personally identifiable information about a child under 18 in retrievable form in our files, we will delete that information from our existing files[JC1] . If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 18, please notify us as soon as possible by using any of the options in the section below called Contact Information To Ask Questions Or Exercise Rights.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about visitors and users of our Site, including:
· Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, Social Security number, and driver’s license number (“personal information”); and
· Information about your internet connection, the equipment and devices you use to access our Site, the dates and times you use the Site, and other Site usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us through the Site;
· Automatically as you navigate through the Site, including Site usage details, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
· From third parties, for example, our business partners and service providers.
Information You Provide To Us
The information we collect on or through our Site includes:
· Personal information you choose to provide to us when filling in forms on the Site to request or obtain our Services or otherwise interact with us, which may include your name, postal address, email address, date of birth, phone number, and income information;
· Information we may request from you if you enter a contest or promotion we sponsor or when you report a problem with our Site;
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
· Details of transactions and search queries you may carry out through the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed ("posted") on public areas of the Site or to be transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you use and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, such as details of your Site visits (including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources you access and use on the Site), and information about your device and Internet connection (including your IP address, operating system, and browser type).
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See the sections below called Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies and Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
We use commonly use information-gathering tools, such as cookies (discussed in the Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies section), to collect information as users navigate our Site and request or obtain our Services.
· Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of our web pages you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Site.
· Location Information: We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from: IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may reveal information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
· Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using such as: hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
· Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site or Services via a browser on your mobile device, we may also collect mobile network information including phone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
· Session Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Site.
· Persistent Cookies: We use persistent cookies that remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s instructions.
· Tracking Pixels (Web Beacons): We may use a software technology called tracking pixels (also known as web beacons or clear gifs) that help us better manage content on our Site by informing us what content is most effective. Tracking pixels are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, tracking pixels are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
· Other Tracking Technologies: We may also use other website or mobile tracking technologies, such as device fingerprinting, to identify you and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity or improve Site security, assess the performance of the Site, and deliver content to you based on your interests on our Site and third-party sites.
By using this Site, you consent to these activities, including information collection by our service providers.
If you do not wish for cookies to be placed on your computer, most web browsers permit you to prevent that from taking place. Additionally, information about opting out of cookie-based advertising can be found via the following links:
We do not currently process or comply with any browser’s “do not track” signal at this time, due to the limits of current technologies, standards and solutions.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. Some of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used for targeted advertising.
In general, the third-party service providers we use will collect, use and disclose your information only to the extent necessary to allow them to perform services for us and on our behalf. However, certain third-party service providers have their own privacy policies related to the information we are required to provide to them for your credit-related purposes. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies, so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. Additionally, the use of third-party cookies is subject to the privacy policies of these third parties and Car Capital has no liability relating to the use of the third-party cookies. If you do not want these services, you may be able to opt out by visiting http://www.aboutads.info and/or www.networkadvertising.org.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Site, its contents and the Services to you;
· To provide you with information, products, or Services that you request from us or to contact you about our Services that may be of interest to you;
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide any personal information;
· To provide you with notices and information about your accounts with us or to carry out our duties and enforce our rights arising from any contracts between you and us;
· To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses
· To personalize your Site experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Site and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
· For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Site, products, and services;
· To notify you about changes to our Site and any products or services we offer or provide through it;
· To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
· For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To our affiliates;
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
· To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users and consumers are among the assets transferred;
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide any personal information;
· For any other purpose we disclose when you provide the information; and
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Car Capital, our service providers, our customers, other visitors and users of the Site, and others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Promotional Offers from Us. If we send you a promotional email, you may use the Unsubscribe link and ask to be omitted from future email distributions. If we send you a promotional text message, you may send a text reply that says “Stop” or “Cancel” and instruct us not to send these types of promotional text messages. To opt-out of receiving direct mail from us, you may:
o send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org ;
o call us at 844.350.4455; or
o send a written request to 1301 Municipal Way, Suite 100, Grapevine, TX 76051.[JC2]
We will honor those requests, but it may take 60 days for such mailings to end.
We take reasonable precautions to secure your personal information and protect it from being inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your personal information, the information is encrypted in transit using secure socket layer / transport layer technology (SSL/TLS) and encrypted with AES-256 encryption when stored in our databases.[JC3]
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, servers and databases located outside of your state or outside of the United States, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as your jurisdiction. We may transfer your information to and from any governmental jurisdiction and process it in the United States or elsewhere.
No system of electronic security is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of the information that you send to us or the security of our servers, networks, or databases. By using the Site and our Services, you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit, and/or use the Site and our Services. This includes, without limitation, any personally identifiable information that you provide to us. We are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences resulting from any loss of such information.
In the event you choose to store information, such as your personally identifiable information, we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences resulting from any loss of such information. If you lose a computer, mobile or other device or have it stolen, that contains your personally identifiable information or other information, it is up to you to take all the steps necessary to protect yourself.
In the unlikely event that we believe the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you if notification is required under the law of your state. If notification is appropriate, we may notify you via your computer, mobile or other device.
Assistance to Victims of Identity Theft
If you suspect that someone has had unauthorized access to the information you provided to Car Capital, or any accounts with Car Capital, or access to your personally identifiable information, you should report this crime to your local law enforcement agency and to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). To speak with a trained FTC telephone counselor, call toll-free: 1-877-IDTheft (1-877-438-4338). Or, to enter information about your complaint into a secure FTC online database, visit www.consumer.gov/idtheft. The site also provides links to consumer education materials.
Contact Information To Ask Questions Or Exercise Rights
1301 Municipal Way
Grapevine, TX 76051
If there are specific rights you want to invoke or exercise under any applicable law, please include these details in your request. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or your authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Please do not include sensitive personal information, such as your date of birth or Social Security number, when you initially ask questions or make requests of us, and review our Security section above for more details. We will use personal information provided in the request only to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
State Privacy Rights
Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah
If you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, or Utah, you have rights to:
• Confirm whether we process your personal information.
• Access and delete certain personal information.
• Data portability.
• Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
If you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia, you have the additional rights to:
• Correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the information’s nature and processing purpose.
• Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, or Utah who wish to exercise any of the above rights must submit a request via mail to 1301 Municipal Way, Suite 100, Grapevine, TX 76051. To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request you may mail us a request to appeal at 1301 Municipal Way, Suite 100, Grapevine, TX 76051.
Your California Privacy Rights
Effective Date: August 31, 2023
Last Reviewed: August 30, 2023
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (”personal information”).
Personal information does not include:
· Publicly available information from government records;
· Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; and
· Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
A name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, and email address.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, and email address. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered with us.
D. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
E. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements.
F. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
· Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
· Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Site.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
· To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new orders or process transactions.
· To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Site, products, and services.
· To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
· To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
· To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
· To personalize your Site experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Site and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
· To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
· For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Site, products, and services.
· To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
· As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
· To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users and consumers are among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We make these business purpose disclosures only under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
Personal Information Category
Business Purpose Disclosures to Third-Party Recipients
Yes, to our service providers.
B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Yes, to our service providers.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Yes, to our service providers.
D: Internet or other similar network activity.
Yes, to our service providers.
E. Geolocation data.
Yes, to our service providers.
F. Professional or employment-related information.
Yes, to our service providers.
G. Commercial information
Yes, to our service providers.
We do not sell personal information and have not sold personal information to third parties in the preceding twelve (12) months.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the “right to know”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will disclose to you:
· The categories of personal information we collected about you;
· The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
· Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information;
· The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information;
· If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list that describes the disclosures we made for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained; and
· The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).[JC4]
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the “right to delete”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
· Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
· Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
· Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
· Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
· Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
· Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
· Comply with a legal obligation.
· Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.[JC5]
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
Emailing us at: email@example.com ; or
Writing us at: 1301 Municipal Way, Suite 100, Grapevine, TX 76051
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information.
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
· Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
· Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact us using the contact information included in the section above called Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
· Deny you goods or services.
· Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
· Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
· Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
[JC1]Need to be able to do this.
[JC2]All of this needs to be functional
[JC3]Is this true?
[JC4]We have to be able to do this
[JC5]Need to be able to do
ESIGN Disclosure and Consent
You are submitting a request to be matched with one of our third-party dealers, lenders or service providers. To offer you a loan, we and the third-party lenders or service providers need your consent to use and accept electronic signatures, records, and disclosures (“E-Consent”). We may do so only if you consent. This form notifies you of your rights when receiving electronic disclosures, notices, and information. By checking the box consenting to our terms, you acknowledge that you received this E-Consent and that you consent to conduct transactions using electronic signatures, electronic disclosures, electronic records, and electronic contract documents (“Disclosures”).
Option for Paper or Non-Electronic Records
You may request any Disclosures in paper copy by contacting us or the third-party lender or service provider directly. We or the lenders or providers will provide paper copies. Some lenders or service providers may charge a fee for providing paper copies, at their discretion. The lenders or service providers will retain all Disclosures as applicable law requires.
Scope of Consent
This E-Consent applies to all interactions online concerning you and us or the third-party lender or service provider and includes those interactions engaged in on any mobile device, including phones, smart-phones, and tablets. By exercising this E-Consent, we and the third-party lender or service provider may process your information and interact during all online interactions with you electronically. We or the lender or service provider may also send you notices electronically related to said interactions and transactions. Disclosures may be provided online at our or our or third-party lenders’ or service providers’ websites and may be provided by e-mail.
Consenting to Do Business Electronically. Before you decide to do business electronically with us or the third-party lenders or service providers, you should consider whether you have the required hardware and software capabilities described below.
Hardware and Software Requirements
To access and retain the Disclosures electronically, you will need to use the following computer software and hardware: A PC or MAC compatible computer or other device capable of accessing the Internet, access to an e-mail account, and supported web browsing software (Chrome version 32.0 or higher, Firefox version 26.0 or higher, Internet Explorer version 8.0 or higher, or Safari version 7.0 or higher). To read some documents, you may need a PDF file reader like Adobe® Acrobat Reader X ® or Foxit®. You will need a printer or a long-term storage device, such as your computer’s disk drive, to retain a copy of the Disclosures for future reference. You may send any questions regarding the hardware and software requirements directly to us or the third-party lenders or service providers.
Additional Mobile Technology Requirements
If you are accessing a partner site and/or the Disclosures electronically via a mobile device (such as a smart phone, tablet, and the like), in addition to the above requirements you must make sure that you have software on your mobile device that allows you to print and save the Disclosures presented to you during the application process. These applications can be found for most mobile devices in the device’s “app store.” If you do not have these capabilities on your mobile device, please access our or the partner’s site through a device that provides these capabilities.
Your E-Consent for our matching service and for our third-party lenders’ or service providers’ consideration of your matching request cannot be withdrawn because it is a one-time transaction. If you are matched with one or more third party lenders or service providers, you are free to withdraw your E-Consent with those third party lenders or service providers at any time and at no charge, by contacting the partner at the address provided in the initial disclosure. However, if you withdraw this E-Consent before receiving credit, you may be prevented from obtaining credit from the lender or service provider. Contact the third party lender or service provider directly if you wish to withdraw this E-consent. If you decide to withdraw this E-Consent, the legal effectiveness, validity, and enforceability of prior electronic Disclosures will not be affected.
Change to Your Contact Information
You should keep us and any third party lenders or service providers informed of any change in your electronic address or mailing address. You may update such information by logging into our or the third party lender’s or service provider’s website or by sending us or the lender a written update by mail.[JC1]
Your Ability to Access Disclosures
By checking the box and submitting an application, you agree to these terms. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU CAN ACCESS THE DISCLOSURES IN THE DESIGNATED FORMATS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
By checking the box and submitting an application, you acknowledge you have read this information about electronic signatures, records, Disclosures, and doing business electronically. You consent to using electronic signatures, having all Disclosures provided or made available to you in electronic form, and to doing business with the partner electronically. You acknowledge that you may request a paper copy of the electronic records and Disclosures. If you refrain from proceeding, then you neither wish to use electronic signatures nor conduct this transaction electronically. You also acknowledge that your consent to electronic Disclosures is required to receive services from us and third party lenders or service providers over the internet.
Termination / Changes
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue the provision of your electronic communications, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide electronic communications. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.
[JC1]Can they do this with us?
Car Capital Servicing GLBA-FCRA Financial Privacy Notice
Rev. Aug. 2023
WHAT DOES CAR CAPITAL SERVICING LLC (“CAR CAPITAL”) DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
■ Social Security number and income
■ account balances and payment history
■ credit history and credit scores
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Car Capital chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
Does Car Capital share?
Can you limit this sharing?
For our everyday business purposes—
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes—
to offer our products and services to you
For joint marketing with other financial companies
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—
information about your transactions and experiences
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—
information about your creditworthiness
For our affiliates to market to you
For nonaffiliates to market to you
Go to https://carcapital.com/
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
Car Capital Servicing LLC (“Car Capital”)
What we do
How does Car Capital protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Car Capital collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
■ give us your contact information or give us your income information
■ provide employment information or pay us by check
■ provide account information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
■ sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
■ affiliates from using your information to market to you
■ sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
■ Car Capital does share with its affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
■ Car Capital does share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
■ Car Capital does jointly market.
Optional Mail In Opt Out Form
Leave Blank OR
[if you have a joint account. Your choice(s) will apply to everyone on your account unless you mark the below)
□ Apply my choices only to me]
Mark any/all you want to limit:
□ Do not share information about my creditworthiness with your affiliates for their everyday business purposes
□ Do not allow your affiliates to use my personal information to market to me.
□ Do not share my personally information with nonaffiliates to market their products and services to me.
City, State and Zip